April 25, 2012

April SPRING FLING Challenge by Elizabeth


Design Team Member Elizabeth submitted this card for the April SPRING FLING Challenge.  She said:

This card was inspired by the challenge theme for April, Spring Fling, I've gone for a card layout this time. Like many of you I'm sure, I often listen to music whilst working away in the craft space and a current favourite is Paris in Springtime by Paper Moon. It's a tuneful wee number that cheers me up just hearing it and obviously had an influence on this card.




The backing paper is a piece leftover from the Spring Lambs layout I made recently. The image, letters and butterflies are from a gorgeous sheet of Penny Black Stickeroos – these fabulous stickers are perfect when you need to make a card in a hurry. The main image is matted on to white and blue card – the edges are torn to mimic the edges of the sticker. The central panel is made of some turquoise coloured vellum. I never thought I’d use it as it is such an unusual colour but it’s just the right colour for this card. As I wanted to give the butterflies dimension rather than stick them down flat, I backed them onto some of the vellum, then cut them out, before giving them some shape and adhering them to the card. Two shades of seam binding for the bow are the only other embellishment.


I’ve left a list of the materials used on my blog, so please feel welcome to visit me there.
Elizabeth
http://silverscrappers.blogspot.com/


Now it's your turn to take the April SPRING FLING Challenge. The April Challenge is anything to do with SPRING FLING. The possibilities are endless. Anything goes! So think SPRING FLING and take the challenge. To participate in the April SPRING FLING Challenge - just email a picture of your project along with a description to Scrappinpsycho@live.com

All submissions will be posted to The Scrap Our Stash blog and on April 30th a winner will be chosen, and given the opportunity to be a Guest Design Team Member for the month of June. This challenge ends at midnight central time on April 30th.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful and new-thinking card design and I like the stamp of the Eiffel Tower!

    Charlotta / La Vikinga

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the colors, the bow and the butterflies. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card! Love the butterflies and the Eiffel Tower image. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!! I love the elegance of it!!

    ReplyDelete