January 27, 2012

January NEW Challenge by Elizabeth


Design Team Member Elizabeth submitted this layout for the January NEW Challenge.  She said:

After pondering on this month’s challenge theme for anything to fit the concept of NEW, I decided to go the whole hog and I have used some of a new scrapbooking kit to make a layout of photographs of new Christmas stash received. It’s really lovely to be given so many super presents, so it seems fitting to keep a record like this. This year I’ve vowed to use only what is already here in my craft room – there’s tons anyway – and apart from absolute essentials, e.g. glue gel, DS tape, etc., I will not succumb to temptation!!! So, most of the materials have been taken from the kit, the rest came from my stash.


Apparently, teal and pink are going to be the in colours this year ... however, I'm not that keen on pink so teamed the gold with the teal - actually it's a Core'dinations cardstock called Mediterranean - beautiful colour! I briefly considered scrunching it up and then sanding but changed my mind and instead streaked it with a pale green paint dabber, stamped flowers and dragonflies, also using the green dabber, then dotted some bees using a gold ink pad. I've only recently discovered metallic ink pads – I can’t think why!


The two design papers were cut using two sets of Kiwi Lane Designs templates. I don't think these templates can be bought in the UK, certainly I've not seen anyone else using them, but I'm a fan. They are simple and easy to use and I like the undulating affect.


This gold flower in the centre of the arrangement was made by cutting out 4 different sized circles of fabric ... in this case it was white with a small print. The next step was to spritz the pieces with water and scrunch them up. I left them for a little while to partly dry, spritzed again, this time with a water/gold mica powder mix, and allowed to dry naturally. To complete I glued each layer with a tiny amount of glue gel and added a gold pearl to the centre.


Thanks for looking,
Elizabeth
http://silverscrappers.blogspot.com

Now it's your turn to take the January NEW Challenge. The January Challenge is anything doing with NEW - it could be a new tool, a new product, a new technique, or the project could have somehing to do with NEW - like New Years Eve - Our New Home, etc!. Anything goes! Have fun sharing something NEW with us.To participate in the January NEW Challenge - just email a picture of your project along with a description to Scrappinpsycho@live.com

All submissions will be posted to The Scrap Our Stash blog and on January 31st a winner will be chosen, and given the opportunity to be a Guest Design Team Member for the month of March. This challenge ends at midnight central time January 31st.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Oh I love the teal. The butterflies & flowers are so pretty. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did with the teal core cs! Beautiful details!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful LO. I love all the different elements you've made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth, I really love the movement on your layout. And I like your determination to use your stash. Good luck with that!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your waves - and all the embellishments.

    ReplyDelete