June 6, 2011

June Something Challenge by Karen

Design Team Member Karen submitted this layout for the June Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue Challenge.  She said:

I decided to use the challenge name as the title of my LO- I started trying to use things on my LO that fitted as well but only got as far as old and new (bits of paper) I didn't have anything to borrow and I didn't want to add anything blue to the LO but it did give me a chance to journal about my old, new, borrowed and blue things from my wedding.  The journalling reads:
My something old was a handkerchief that Joan was given as a wedding gift in 1946 when she married Dick and left for the US. She sent it back for me to use on my wedding day- I tucked it into my bra! My new was my dress, veil, shoes etc.. I borrowed some pearls from my Godmother Christine, my Mum's best friend and my something blue was a tiny ribbon flower that I sewed inside the hem of my dress - I was not a girl for garters. 27 March 1999 Sandridge.

Now it's your turn to take the June Something Challenge. See all the details HERE!

Be sure to scroll down the page - Scrap Our Stash posts something new everyday.

8 comments:

  1. Can't see my picture :(

    I blogged about it here

    http://icouldbescrapbookinginstead.blogspot.com/2011/06/something-old-new-borrowed-and-blue.html

    hopefully it will be visible soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. couldnt see the picture here but went to your blog and super cute! great layout

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a gorgeous wedding. Your LO is fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely layoutm I love the cluster of ephemera and paper and the lovely journalling, it really brings the page to life! K x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I love that you used the somethings for your title!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh such a great memory to scrap. You really did a marvelous job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice layout. I like all the journaling.

    ReplyDelete