August 13, 2010

August Challenge

Design Team Member Amy submitted this layout for the August Flower Challenge. She said, "i have to admit i was a little stumped. I don't get many opportunities to use flowers on many of my scrapbooking projects. I am the oldest of three brothers and i have a son of my own, so flowers don't show up too often on my pages. So instead of doing a layout or card, i made myself some flowers for my scrap space!
I used October Afternoon's Thrift Shop line to make my flowers using my Cricut machine (accent's essentials cartridge). After i cut my flowers into different sizes, I embellished them with brads, gems, stickles, inks and buttons. Each flower is stapled to a pipe cleaner and then shoved into floral foam.
The "vase" is just an old soup can that i removed the label and recovered with scrapbook paper. It felt a little plain to me at first so i added a quote by Cathy Allen.

Now it's your turn to submit a flower challenge. See all the details in August Challenge below.

6 comments:

  1. Amy,

    These are sooo cute - what a great way to take the flower challenge. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Amy, what a beautiful bouquet of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, these are just so adorable! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea!! Great take on the challenge! These turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know how I missed this. I love what you did Amy!!! I have to scraplift this - so pretty, great for using scraps too! My girlfriend and cousin always put flowers on their son's pages and believe it or not they look awesome, not girlie at all. tfs I have the perfect size can for this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, how i adore this! if only i could have such as wonderful cheery bouquet at my work desk. what a lovely idea to decorate your space. it's so inspiring and creativity-inducing, don't you think? I absolute adore it! tfs.

    ReplyDelete