July 15, 2010

$$Frugal Friday Tip$$

Use a Magazine Ad as your patterned paper by Kathy

Posted by PicasaWhat better way to get cute patterned paper for your layout - then for free from a magazine ad. I loved this paper kit that was advertised in a Hobby Lobby Scrapbooking magazine. So, I just cut all the pieces out in squares, rounded the corners, inked them - and I had my page. Even the mat behind the photo and the photo turn are cut from the ad.
I actually liked this paper so much - that I ended up buying the package.
What can you make from a magazine ad? We'd love for you to share it with us.
Do you have a frugal tip you'd like to share? Just email a picture and description to Scrappinpsycho@live.com. You could be featured as our next Frugal Friday Tip!

7 comments:

  1. I'm like... wooow!!!! what an awesome idea!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Layout! I love the idea that you got such pretty looking paper out of an advertisement. WTG

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great tip! I would have NEVER thought of doing this! I'm going to be on the lookout now! Great layout too! That is super pretty paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tip and a beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never would have known those were paper from a magazine! Great page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a superb tip. except that the ad really did it's job ;) but one can't go wrong w/ SEI paper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How clever! I never would have thought of this. Great tip!

    ReplyDelete